Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Cards for Veterans in Hospice

On December 19th, Bruce and I braved a snowstorm and went to the corporate headquarters of the Visiting Nurse Service of New York. We spent several hours designing and labeling holiday cards for veterans in hospice.

I hadn't made greeting cards in years so I had a great time cutting out snowflake doilies and pasting them on the handmade cards. We had scissors with scalloped edges to use in designing fancy edgings for the cards and the construction paper cutouts. There was a lot of variety, too, because we made Christmas cards, New Year's cards, Hanukah cards and Happy Holiday cards. I signed every card I made from Celeste and the Brooklyn Humanist Community.

In January there will be two training sessions for those who want to participate in visiting veterans in hospice. I'm looking forward to that, and hope to see other BHC folks there.

No comments: